– This category of visa is issued to applicants who wish to visit Thailand for a volunteer to work in a non-government organization in Thailand; 2. O Volunteer Visa Conditions. – The O Volunteer Visa is valid for a single entry for medical-related purposes only.
Do you need a visa to volunteer in Thailand?
Best Practice for Short-Term Volunteers
If you want to travel to Thailand for less than 30 days, you can volunteer in Thailand on a tourist visa. You can get a free visa upon arrival at the airport. In case you are planning to stay in Thailand for up to 60 days, you’ll need a Single Entry Tourist Visa.
What type of visa is a volunteer visa?
Documents Required for Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O” (Volunteering): Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months from arrival to Thailand. Visa application form completely filled out.
How long is volunteer visa in Thailand?
The O Volunteer Visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance. Travellers must enter Thailand within the said 90-day period. They will be allowed to stay in Thailand for a period of up to 90 days, counting from the date of entry.
How do I get a volunteer visa for Thailand?
Required documents :
- Actual Passport or Travel Document. …
- Passport-size photographs (2″x2″) …
- Flight confirmation / reservation, showing going from US to Thailand. …
- Recent bank statement. …
- Official letter certifying the purpose of duties and period of time from the organisation.
- The organisation’s registration certificate.
What are examples of volunteer work?
Do Things for Your Community:
- Walk kids home from school.
- Rake leaves for an elderly neighbor.
- Mow your neighbor’s lawn.
- Offer dog-walking services.
- If you know another language, be a translator at parent-teacher conferences.
- Babysit during PTA meetings.
- Foster a shelter animal.
Can I do volunteer work in Thailand?
Best Places to Volunteer in Thailand
For volunteers looking to contribute to all kinds of social issues in a big city, Bangkok and Chiang Mai are perfect destinations. Both of these cities offer a number of volunteer programs to choose from while being surrounded by Thai temples, people, and culture.
Can I stay in Thailand for 1 year?
Most people who come to Thailand want to extend stay. They may apply for an extension of stay for one year, but it must be for one of the following purposes: Business, Education, Marriage or Retirement. If you hold a tourist visa, you must first convert to a non-immigrant status before the long term extension of stay.
How much does a Thai visa cost?
The price of the visa is 2000 THB (about $65,) and you need to pay it at the service counter at the immigration checkpoint. Even so, you just pay and receive the stamp. No more waiting in line to fill in the application because iVisa will send it to you via e-mail.
How long can foreigners stay in Thailand?
The tourist visa must generally be used within 90 days from the date of issue and allows an initial stay of 60 days. After arrival in Thailand, a tourist visa may be extended at the discretion of an immigration officer once for an additional 30 days with the total period of stay no longer than 90 days.
Where can I volunteer in Thailand?
Top volunteer programs in Thailand this year
- Elephant Conservation with Travel for Teens. …
- Teach English with GoEco. …
- Participate in Community-Based Projects with Love Volunteers. …
- Education and WIldlife Opportunities with Volunteering Solutions. …
- Medicine, Hospital, and Medical Volunteer Ops with ELI Abroad.
How do I get a non O visa in Thailand?
Thai Non Immigrant O Visa (Retirement Visa with a stay of no more than 90 days)
- Proof that you are 50 years or older (your passport will suffice)
- A copy of your last month’s bank statement clearly showing your income or a MINIMUM of THB400,000 (or currency equivalent) in a bank account.
- Proof of your home address.
Can I get a 6 month visa for Thailand?
Americans and travelers from all over the world can now obtain a six month multiple-entry Thailand tourist visa. These new multiple entry visas will replace the countries current double and triple entry visas. … Single entry visas currently cost $40 USD, and the six month, multiple entry visas cost $200 USD.
How much is a volunteer visa in Thailand?
34,500 BHT application fee balance. 6 passport photos: 4 cm x 6 cm. 6 passport photos: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm.
How can I volunteer for free in Thailand?
Volunteer Thailand: 12 Free Volunteer Opportunities in Thailand
- Elephant Nature Park.
- The Development and Education Program for Daughters and Community Centers.
- Noistar Thai Animal Rescue Foundation.
- Soi Dog Foundation.
- Child’s Dream Foundation.
- Phuket has Been Good To Us Foundation.
How much money should I bring to Thailand?
Backpackers should budget 800–1,200 baht a day ($35–$50) to cover the costs of hostel rooms, street food meals, a couple of drinks and a spot of sightseeing. Holiday makers looking for a touch more luxury should budget 1,800–3,000 baht ($75–$125) a day to cover nice hotels, gourmet meals and cocktails.