Helps the grieving process. At a time that can be very difficult to get through, many donor families take consolation in knowing their loved one helped save other lives. A single organ donor can save up to eight lives. By also donating tissues and eyes, the same donor can improve up to 50 lives.
Why is organ donation important to our society?
Organ transplantation gives thousands of children and adults each year a renewed chance at living full and active lives. … Committing to be an organ donor is a generous decision that can save the lives of up to eight individuals, and even more if a donor can give corneas and tissue.
What benefits does organ donation have?
One donor alone can save or drastically improve the lives of eight or more people, and donations don’t always have to occur postmortem. Living donation serves as a viable option, especially in cases of kidney and liver transplantation, and saves the life of both the recipient and the next person on the waiting list.
How does organ donation affect the community?
Donation affects more than the donors and recipients. It also affects the families, friends, colleagues, and acquaintances who love and support those in need of transplantation, and who benefit from their renewed life and improved health after transplant.
Why is organ donation important essay?
First of all, organ donation is very helpful for the grieving process. Furthermore, many donor families take relief and consolation due to organ donation. This is because they understand that their loved one has helped save the life of other people. … Organ donation can also improve the quality of life of many people.
How is organ donation rewarding and positive experience?
Organ donation can also be a rewarding and positive experience for the family of the donor. It can help a family work through the grieving process and deal with their loss by knowing their loved one is helping save the lives of others.
What are the pros and cons of organ donation?
Pros and Cons of Organ Donation
- You can save a life, possibly multiple lives. You may even save the life of someone you love.
- Your family can find comfort in knowing your organs saved others. …
- Organ donors and recipients do not have to be an exact match. …
- Medical research donation can save even more lives.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of organ transplantation?
5 Advantages and Disadvantages of Organ Transplants
- Life Saver, Facilitator of Better Life. Organ transplant is a life saver, in other words a life giver. …
- Furthering Science. Organ transplants are a medical marvel. …
- Unmatched Act of Kindness. …
- Possible Risks. …
- The Uncertain Wait.
Does organ donation save lives?
95% of people support organ donation. … Just one organ donor can save up to eight lives, and one tissue donor can benefit as many as 75 others. Every 10 minutes, another person is added to the national transplant waiting list. 83% of patients waiting for a life-saving transplant are waiting for a kidney.
Why are organ donors heroes?
“During National Donate Life Month, we pause to celebrate the lives saved and enhanced through organ, tissue and cornea donation, and to honor those who have given the gift of life as organ, tissue and cornea donors. Because of the selfless choice they made, they are heroes,” said Susan Stuart, president and CEO, CORE.
How do organ donors create public awareness?
- Support of the media in promoting the cause.
- Increase in number of hospitals/centres doing transplantation especially liver.
- Increase in number of trained transplant coordinators in the programme.
- State Government’s proactive role in the programme in some of the states.
What is organ donation and why is it important PPT?
3. ORGAN DONATION What is Organ donation Organ donation is the process of removing tissues or organs from a live, or recently dead, person to be used in another. The former is the donor and the latter is the recipient. People of all ages can become donors.