Finding Community Health and Human Service Resources
There’s now a 2-1-1 phone number one can call for finding community health and human service resources in Benton, Carroll, Madison and Washington counties.
“When a person dials 2-1-1, a trained professional will listen to the individual situation, access a database of health and human service providers and then offer information about the most appropriate community outlets.”
It provides information about:
1. Basic human needs: food banks, clothing closets, shelters, rent assistance, utility assistance
2. Physical and mental health resources: health insurance programs, Medicaid, etc.
3. Employment supports: financial assistance, job training, etc.
4. Care for children, youth and families: childcare, after school programs, etc.
5. Support for older Americans and persons with disabilities, etc.
- Posted in: Uncategorized